Thursday, January 19, 2017

Stitching Around

The SWANs came over to stitch and we had such a good time.  I got out my Owl Angel from Painted Pony out and stitched the dark brown outline.  You will notice that I turned the canvas when I stitched the left side so the angle of the stitch would match on the sides and arm outline.  I used size #8 Kreinik to cross stitch the outline of her collar.  I used the same thread to do long cross stitches following the paint for the crown.




After the Swans left I pulled this out.  I am stitching the background in an open continental stitch using two strands of overdyed floss.  I am deliberately using the lightest part and darkest part of the thread in the needle to get a "frosty" look.  The green squares are mosaic stitches with four strands of floss.  The purple is tent stitching using four strands of floss.  I think I will bead the letters.  I am getting started on Christmas 2017 already!

Kathy Schenkel? 

No comments:

Post a Comment