Friday, June 30, 2017

There Was No Stitching Yesterday...



Yale Heart from Painted Pony


So here are some oldies for review.  I stitched this for my neighbor who has a kid at Yale.  I took it to a Rent Amy Day and I love how it turned out.  The background behind the lettering is Serendipity using Neon Rays for one direction and a wool thread for the opposite direction stitch.  The effect is lovely.  Go Bulldogs!

Doctor from Rogue Needlepoint
I bought this Doctor canvas at Amy's Golden Strand in Memphis.  I selected most of the stitches.  The  cleverest idea came from Carolyn Baird at Chaparral.  She came up with the idea of the green subway tiles that are often seen on walls of hospitals as the background stitch.   They were everywhere in the hospital where we trained.   I love it. 



The finished project

 





There are lots of Aggies in our SWAN group.   Isn't this a cute ornament?  I can't remember who stitched it but it wasn't me.  

Aggie Snowman from Carol Dupree


1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love the subway tiles for the background.
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete