Monday, May 27, 2013

Making serious progress on the Creche


 I stitched the odd little tree using the double stitch that Amy Bunger calls for in her guide.


 I stitched the window lintels in three layers of satin stitch using silk.  Oops.  Upside down pic.


 Window right side up.  I stitched in all that white wall, but no pic of that.


I got this finished as well.   I am beginning to feel that I might actually get this done by Christmas!

Happy Memorial Day to you all.  Thank you to all our veterans.  We appreciate your service!

6 comments:

  1. You are moving forward on this one lady! I do believe that it will be part of Christmas 2013! I am making some progress on my son-in-law's stocking and I hope it will be ready as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you were working on a stockig for you SIL. Which one?

      Delete
    2. His is an Alice Peterson, as is hers(which is, of course, finished). His has Santa ornaments on it. I vacillate between enjoying and not enjoying. I really want to stitch on something new/different/not a stocking but I really want to get this one done most of all.

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous that you have had this much time to stitch this weekend. I have been sidetracked by baking, crafting and bike riding. A little stitching done and I hope to stitch more tonight. Everyone becomes a Red Wings fan tonight now that they are in the playoffs. It looks beautiful Steph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH is on call so no plans which has been a stitching heaven for me. Planning another long sit down watching the French Open. Here's hoping you get more stitching time today!

      Delete
  3. The stitching machine is at work. I do think this will be part of Christmas 2013. ;-)
    Enjoy the day........Sarah

    ReplyDelete