Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Been Out at the Lake


Hello!  I've been out at the lake with some of the SWANs.  We had a good time stitching and catching up.   I took my Melissa Shirley Halloween House Row with the stitch guide from Amy Bunger.  I did a lot of background while talking but did get the moon done.  I LOVE IT.  Not so hot on my execution of the witch's skirt.   That's a redo for sure.  

The moon stitch is the Ming Divided.  The outline thread is Petite Silk Lame and the inside is filled in with two strands of silk.  It's beautiful.






Big News!  Amy Bunger is closing her shop at the end of 2020.   She has announced her retirement.   I had to be sat down to hear the news.   She is one of the most talented teachers and such a fun happy person.   I will miss seeing her regularly so much.  I wish her all the happiness and health in her retirement. 

P.S.  I am going to go wild  buying everything I ever wanted from her store before she closes!  Pics to follow...

4 comments:

  1. Steph,sad to hear Amy's retirement! Still follow your site, you really have some awesome projects. I am doing a series of sweather ornaments of my own design. Painting and finishing myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like fun! I am sad about not seeing Amy regularly but wish her well in her retirement. Maybe she will keep her hand in some way.

      Delete
  2. Is this Amy from Amy’s Golden Strand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Amy Bunger owns Amy's Golden Strand in Memphis, TN. I bought the canvas, guide and threads the last time I was there. It has been so fun to stitch.

      Delete