Friday, June 12, 2020

Halloween House Row Update


The guide calls for beading the weather vane on House #5.  Here we go:




Done!  Amazing how the light can change the way the color looks.  The bat was not painted the same on both wings so I chose to bead it to look balanced.  We'll see how that looks when I go over the part not beaded with the background stitch.   It looks like some frogging and restitching in that area.
Overall I am pleased with how it looks.


I stitched the other side of the roof of House #4.  I wasn't happy with how the compensation made the peak of the roof on the left side look.  I took DC's advice and put a long stitch at the peak and it made me like the end result more.   The guide calls for using Wired Kreinik to outline the peaks.  I did not like that stuff.  I think it would be good for curled areas but it would not straighten out completely.  When I formed the peaks, the metal showed through the fiber.   Lastly, GG pulled on it to help me and a piece just broke off.  I am going to try regular Kreinik size 16 to see if I can get the result I want.





 Happy Stitching this weekend.  More on Monday...


3 comments:

  1. what is the stitch for the sky, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Alternating Stones. I am using one strand of silk to stitch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't find alternating stone stitch in google search. Where can I find how to stitch it?

    ReplyDelete