Wednesday, August 7, 2013

And so it begins











Today was the first day of my three day embellishment class with Tony Minieri at The Needle Works.  It was wonderful.  Lots of fun people and good food along with the stitching.  Here's what I got done.
Angel from my Quail Run nativity set
Gorgeous pile of threads that Tony selected for her

Possible background thread color

Beginnings of cloak stitch

Beginnings of collar stitch
 Here I realized that I needed to get her neck stitched first.


Finished collar stitch

Double buttonhole stitch.  I love it.


Beginnings of dress stitch

All in all a wonderful day.  Can't wait for tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steph,
    Enjoy. It looks fabulous. Tony like Amy is fabulous.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - this puts my stitching efforts to shame! I will follow this project with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you do double buttonhole. Like it,

    ReplyDelete