Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Second time is the charm

Outline of shingles

I tore out this side last Wednesday when I realized the painting was off by two threads.  Here is the realignment.  Of course, I ran out of thread and will have to get more on Wednesday.  I moved on to this ornament that I am stitching for my son for Christmas.   I am taking Carolyn Baird's advice and trying new stitches on every canvas.  Below is a new stitch I tried for the pants.





Not exactly the greatest pictures.  You stack scotch stitches on top of each other.  Between vertical rows you leave one thread open.  I used three strands of floss for the scotch stitch.  I came back and stitched the upright stitches in each channel on either side of the open thread.  I used Petite Sparkly Rays.  I like it!  

2 comments:

  1. In the end, we have to like (love) the end result. It's a lot of work and expense not to be happy and worth the redo in the end. Love the thread on your son's ornament. It's hard to tell from the picture what the stitch looks like but the overall effect is neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope to have better pictures of the whole ornament for tomorrow's post.

      Delete