Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm back

I had to stop at Needlepoint This on my way out of Dallas.  I promise it was just a little window shopping.  I did remeet Julia Snyder while I was there.  I knew her when she was a little girl and her momma worked at the needlepoint store that I frequented.  She was fixing to leave on some travels and had her cute little puppy in tow.    Bon Voyage, Julia.  Here's what I saw in the window:

 



13ct pillow in all sorority styles
When I got home I pulled this out and got started again.  He is the Arabian Magi by Kelly Clark with a stitch guide by Amy Bunger.  Pretty handsome.


7 comments:

  1. Julia's getting ready to come to Callaway Gardens Gardens School of Needle Arts. She is going to be there with Leigh, owner of The Needle Bug here in Montgomery. Leigh is moving The Bug to Callaway For two weeks to serve the participants as the School Store. Leigh has tons of great needlepoint to sell and tons of fun great ideas for the participants to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to help set up this Friday and Saturday. I am sure I will go more but I will just play that by ear.

      Delete
  2. Boy Oh Boy, does your "southern girl" come out in that posting. I get to take my first needlepoint shop "road trip" next Thursday. My girlfriend is driving and I can't wait. First time since last September. Our shop is about an hour away and I am driving locally but not on the expressways yet, so I need some one to take me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a good time and be careful not to overdo it. Do some shopping for us both!

      Delete
  3. Stephanie! I love this post!! I too have been to Needlepoint This on Lovers Lane (but didn't know it was called Needlepoint This!). Their selection is very unique and I always find something I like. Thank you for taking pictures of these aggie canvases! I have to call in the morning for the square and the angel! Also, on your suggestion, I looked at the French Knot's website and the Petei Nativity; as you can guess, I ordered it! Thank you for your suggestion! Your taste in canvases is excellent and have really enjoyed reading your blog everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome. I always stop in the store. They have the best selection of sorority and college stuff. An added bonus was Aston's Bakery nearby, but they moved!
      You will so enjoy the Petei nativity. I love mine cute little pieces. Happy Stitching!

      Delete