Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hopping around again

Lower left hand corner of Summer Homes on the Pond
 I decided to try Fancy Crosses here.  Looks like bushes...still thinking about it.  I got tired of thinking too hard and started something new.  I picked up this little heart from Melissa Shirley in Memphis.
Dark stripes
I didn't like the Painter's Thread that Amy's guide called for.  I substituted some ribbon floss that I had in my stash.  Does it look like a broken heart?

Small pink and white stripes
 I used Amy's guide suggestions for the pink stripe.  Very cute.  I tried a laid stitch for the white areas.  I'm not sure I like it.
Fatty better move or start stitching

Fuzzy picture of another way to do the small pink and white stripes
 I kept the pink, but used Neon Rays plus in a Satin Stitch.  I like this much better.
Trouble in the hood
 The winds were so bad here that my neighbor's fence fell in my driveway.


Overview 

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just have to give our brains something different to think about! I think your heart is cute, you are doing a great job with it. Wow, you did have some wind! We have had 11 inches of rain in the last week and that does not count the cats and dogs from last night. We will want this in July but now we have had more than enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can always count on you to pump me up. I dearly wish you could send that rain our way. We have a smattering here and there, but nothing to write home about.

      Delete
  2. Love all these little hearts & bet you'll finish this one in short order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. You know I have needlepoint ADD. We won't be at the store tomorrow, but come by next Wednesday!

      Delete
  3. I love what you've done with the heart! Good job!! Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was so glad to read about all the progress you have made on the Tgiving House. You are inspiring me.

      Delete
  4. I too have to stop a large project and do something small every once in a while. As a matter of fact, I just completed two tiny ornaments that were completely basket weave stitch! Horrors! But my mind sure did enjoy having a break and did not have to think about what to do.

    ReplyDelete