Friday, April 13, 2012

Helowise from Melissa Shirley

Bats for sale!


Anybody need a bat?
How she looked Thursday night
New skirt
She is called Helowise the Peddler.  She is peddling bats, skull, and pumpkins.  Very appropriate for Friday the 13th.  Bats are straight stitches with fuzzy stuff and satin stitches with stranded thread.  I tried the Florentine Spike for the skirt.  I obviously need to do something with that line between the skirt and apron, but like the way it looks.  To me it looks kind of witchy, tatty, and very orange.

16 comments:

  1. I like the florentine stitch for the skirt, good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her Florentine Spike for the Skirt. I could hear Helowise say about the previous stitch: "Does this make my butt look fat?" Now she is very slimming... every girl's dream.

    Regarding the Skirt/Apron Transition... look at what I did for the Harvest Fairy's Apron. I did a Detached Buttonhole onto a Backstitch which created a nice Ruffled Edge. Certainly appropriate for an Apron.. helped to bring the Apron forward for a 3-D look.

    Hope this helps. Thanks, Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin-You are a genius. I will see if I can execute that. Thank you!

      You girls are up early!

      Delete
  3. Love the new skirt stitch! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get the skull beads, Steph?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. They are very cute, but may be too big. Will show you ASAP.

      Delete
  5. Hi Steph,
    Love the skirt. Beautiful stitching. Great suggestion by Robin.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job so far. I love her. headed to Regal Rabbit today. Husband offered to drive me. Hour and 15 min drive from Napa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was worried, as was Robin, that the original skirt stitch would be a bit less than flattering. She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your concern. I have the same one about my backside.

      Delete
  8. Thank you, ladies. She did take a backseat to yard work today. Hopefully, she can be first tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete