Friday, April 20, 2012

Sunday Morning by Ewe and Eye

Overview
Over the hill and through the trees
Barn stitching
Pond with swans
I called Pocket Full of Stitches in Lubbock, TX.  I ordered this cute piece while they were having the deal of the day sale.  You may remember these pictures from my visit to Amy's.  My dear friend remembered that I had admired this canvas when she bought it last year.  She brought it to class and let me take a look.  You can see some of the stitches she started.  Too cute, right?  I am now desperately hoping to receive an Amy's gift certificate for my birthday so I can buy the guide and threads.  I will keep you posted.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Steph,
    Great canvas. Your friend is doing a wonderful job stitching this piece. Hope you birthday wishes come true.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great canvass! I am thinking that the thread and stitch guide are going to be winging their way to you soon, birthday gift certificate or not! I, as your stitching friend, must remind you that you want to finish your Christmas stitching by June! I really believe that we get a 'stitcher's high' when we start a new project! It is so much fun to get it all organized with new threads and that fabulous Amy stitch guide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this tough love? Yes, I know, I know. I do get that high from something new. Then I get that low when I come across a stitch that frustrates me. The perils of needlepointing. You will see next week that all posts are cross stitch because I will be working exclusively on my secret Swan ornament. No posting of that. I did spend last evening outlining shingles on the Thanksgiving House roof. I was very tired and couldn't muster up any creative juices. Still, needlepoint was done! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely canvas - I'd have been wanting it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch me stitch and then decide if you want to take the plunge.

      Delete
  4. I think your followers should collectively get you the stitch guide and fibers since we all love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, but not necessary. I have a feeling someone around here will come through for me. Thanks for thinking of me. I am so glad you like the blog. It sure has been fun for me.

      Delete
  5. What a great canvas! I am sure you will get all the things you asked for....stitchers are wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete