Thursday, June 7, 2012

Melissa Shirley's Thanksgiving House


Special magnet

This cute magnet was included with my Thanksgiving House.  Isn't it an adorable rendition of the front door?

Roof Shingles
Can you see that I am headed in to the last row?  On one side!  At bedtime on Tuesday, 92 done and 150 to go.  Fortunately, I have the pattern down so I can do them while watching TV or talking on the phone.
  

Edge of the roof
Amazingly good picture of the edge of the roof.  The first step of the black stitch on the edge is done with Presencia cotton.  I have never used that before and I love it.  It lays very well and is not as shiny as DMC perle cotton.  Give it a try.  
 Stitch guide for this project is by Amy Bunger of Amy's Golden Strand in Memphis, TN.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph,
    You go girl! You are almost done with one side of shingles. I have four rows to go. Then onto the walls.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete