Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend stitching on Melissa Shirley's Thanksgiving House


Here is the roof on arrival in early April

Here is how it looks now


 Shingles with the gold
Saturday I spent 8.5 hours stitching on the Thanksgiving House roof.  I did not finish all the shingles on the one side that I had started.  Sunday afternoon found me finishing all the shingles on one side and moving to the band on the edge.



Band across the bottom
After I finished the band across the bottom, I moved up the sides.
Stitch up the sides

Back door

I can't wait to finish the roof and move on to the walls.  I can't imagine the fun stuff that awaits with Amy at the helm. 

THE belt

Lastly, another inch or so was stitched on the belt while I trolled FB looking at all the new stuff coming out at TNNA Market.  What fun.



10 comments:

  1. Hi Steph,
    Great job!! The roof looks great. Hope to make the finish line this week.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got to keep each pumped up to make it to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Stephanie! Keep going! You have made great progress on the roof. The really fun part is about to start when you get to the sides of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is impeccable. You girls will have a lot more to talk about since you are all working on the house together. It will be a lot of fun watching as an outsider. The only thing I will have to contribute is praise. Started working on the pink pear last night. I have the KC stitch guide that came with the pear, so my stitches will be different than yours. I hope it looks as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the praise. I love that. Can't wait to see the pear come to life. 60 people are working on the house from Amy's. We even have our own FB page to confer with Amy. So much fun.

      Delete
  5. Stephanie you are stitching so fast. The roof looks great. I think I have only done about 2 inches on my belt/purse strap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stephanie, u are making me want to do the Thanksgiving house. This is sooo wonderful. Loving the roof stitches! Great job!! Have a great day, Donnelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the house! It is so much fun. Maybe Santa could bring it to you!

      Delete
  7. Steph, just beautiful! It may be dull, but it sure looks great! :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you had your own little stitch-a-thon, my fingers hurt just reading about it :-)
    The roof looks wonderful, great results!

    ReplyDelete