Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stitching from an app


I was taking Carolyn Baird's advice and trying new stitches for my canvases.  I found this stitch called Hexagons on Suzy's Portable Stitches II, an ap I downloaded to my IPhone.  I like the stitch, but found it very difficult to stitch using the ap.  The light on the phone goes off and I had to keep tapping it to see the stitch diagram.  Of course, it is also very small.  For those of us who are older or perhaps don't see as well or both,  that is a problem as well.  Until I had the pattern down, I had to pick up the phone and stick it in front of my nose.  My assessment:  use the ap to entertain yourself looking through stitches, perhaps select one and use the book to actually stitch it.
I did not use the hexagon stitch.  Turns out it was too big for the piece.  I do like it and it would make fantastic chicken wire.  It makes me think of beehives for some reason.  Thank you, Carolyn, for expanding my horizons.


2 comments:

  1. If you don't have the book you can take a photo of the screen and email it to yourself and print it up. That is what I do sometimes. To take a photo of the screen, hold down the top button and press and release the home button. If you have the volume on, you will actually hear the shutter noise. Then go to your photos and there it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good info. The button on the top of the phone? What is the home button? Why are all the teenagers asleep when I need help?

    ReplyDelete